.

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Uncharted Waters.



Original Post - 9th April 2006

Once again I find that a hero of mine has passed away while browsing on a Sunday. (see earlier Ivor Cutler blog) Nikki Sudden of the Swell Maps has joined his brother and fellow Swell Map, Epic Soundtracks in heading into the final uncharted waters.
Like Ivor Cutler I assosciate the Swell Maps with listening to John Peel late at night with the radio against my ear and the sound at barely audible levels. I still pick out my well worn copy of Dresden Style which the first of Swell Maps' singles that I owned and treasure a copy of Kiss You Kidnapped Charabanc (Nikki Sudden & Rowland S Howard) which I picked up 2nd hand and only noticed later that it was signed.
I'm currently listening to Midget Submarines - probably my favourite track off the Swell Maps album A Trip to Marineville.
I discover the news on the blog of Tav Falco (see link in my friends). Not only is he and the ever changing Panther Burns one of rocks great stylists but he runs a damn fine Myspace page. Pay a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment