.

Monday 22 June 2015

The Ache - Memory

The Ache - Memory



Another offshoot of my earlier list The Ache Towards Transcendence Tempered By Death, this one focusing on memory, the most seductive mistress of all.





1.Blind Willie McTell by Bob Dylan
2.Last Thoughts on Woody Guthrie by Bob Dylan
3.Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
4.You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory by Johnny Thunders
5.Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye by Leonard Cohen
6.My Mummy's Dead by John Lennon
7.Spring Hill Disaster by The Dubliners
8.Chelsea Hotel No 2 by Leonard Cohen
9.Corvair by Jim White
10.Eid Ma Clack Shaw by Bill Callahan
11.Here Comes a Regular by The Replacements
12.Bastards of Young by The Replacements

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to give this a whirl over lunch. I love that Neil Young track, it's probably my favourite of his songs. (Have you heard Laura Marling's cover version?) Bill Callahan is another fave...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it Jacqui. I haven't heard the Laura Marling version (or Laura Marling) but will look it up when I get a chance.

      Delete